Let us take a sneak peek at the emerging trends that are going to be in focus in the year ahead
Beyond the fading shadows of a pandemic, 2022 witnessed steady development in IT innovation. The areas where major progress was recorded include the following:
- 3D Printing
- Big Data and Analytics
- Cloud Computing
- Computational Biology and Bioinformatics
- Computer Vision
- Pattern Recognition
- Machine Learning and Intelligent Systems
- Medical Robotics
- Networking and Interconnectivity
- Quantum Computing
- Security Cross-Cutting Issues
- Software-Defined Networks (SDN)
- Internet of Things (IoT)
Some of these have witnessed more progress than others; but overall, these were the key industry milestonesthis year.
While all of the above will definitely continue to be at the centre stage, new technologies never cease to emerge. As a new year is just around the corner, let us have a sneak peek at the emerging trends that are going to be in focus in 2023.
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA):This is a rapidly advancing technology that uses multiple software and applications to automate repetitive tasks in business processes. It offers several new rewarding career options with a moderate learning curve.
- Edge Computing:Edge Computing will be on the growth path so long IoT devices increase. It is used to process time-sensitive data in far-off locations with limited or no connectivity. It helps to bypass the latency that Cloud Computing causes.
- Virtual/Augmented Reality (VR/AR): This is not a new area, but innovations in it will continue to happen in leaps and bounds due to its immense potential. Possible applications will cover training, entertainment, education, marketing and medical therapy. Big brands are working to create immersive customerexperiences on this platform.
- Blockchain:The fact that data cannot be altered or removed makes Blockchain a highly secure technology. Being consensus-driven, no single person or organisation can take control of the data. An increasing number of industries will adopt and implement blockchains, shooting up the demand for blockchain developers.
- 5G:Telecom companies around the world are working on creating 5G-ready services and devices. It would revolutionise our virtual interactions by integrating AR and VR technology and better Cloud-based experiences. We will also see 5G applications in road safety and rule implementation, smart grid control and smart retail.
- Cybersecurity:Demand for cybersecurity professionals is growing three times faster than any other tech jobs today. As technology is evolving rapidly, cybersecurity measures need to be constantly upgraded and improved. More and more businesses realise its importance. It will always be a trending technology and should constantly evolve to stay ahead of hackers.
- Full Stack Development:One of the newest industry trends within the software domain to gain momentum. Its demand will continue to rise as IoT becomes a more mainstream technology with diverse applications. Full stack development covers both the front- and back-end development.
- Datafication:In this process, data-driven technology takes over human chores and tasks. Every electronic device used by us today require data to interact.Storing this data requires security. Careers in the data field require skills that can be acquired through courses at any point in life.
- Digital Trust:Digital trust is the confidence users have in the ability of technology and processes to create a secure digital world. Digital trust is given to companies who have shown their users they can provide safety, privacy, security, reliability, and data ethics with their online programs or devices. This area is bound to see rapid growth.
- Internet of Behaviours (IoB):It is a technology that uses data collected from user devices connected to the internet. This collected data are then analysed and tracked to understand human behaviour. One of the fastest-growing industry trends, IoB has found applications in nearly every industry. This technology is going to play a significant role in Big Data and predictive analytics domains.
- DevOps: It combines the development and operations departments to help enhance and automate the process of software development. By promoting collaboration between operations and development, enterprises can provide faster software upgrade and feature delivery to customers with reduced errors and enhanced quality.
- AI-as-a-Service (AIaaS):Similar to IaaS and SaaS, AI-as-a-service is a Cloud-based solution that offers AI-based capabilities. Several AI providers are offering this service across industries. It gives organisations AI access to advanced features and capabilities without having to invest in costly hardware or gear maintenance.
- Genomics:The field of genomics uses technology to study genes. The coming years will find various IT innovations being focussed upon this area. Several technical and non-technical roles are available in this field.
Stay tuned throughout 2023 for more stories on these emerging trends.
Know more about our Top Ranked PGDM in Management, among the Best Management Diploma in Kolkata and West Bengal, with Digital-Ready PGDM with Super-specialization in Business Analytics, PGDM with Super-specialization in Banking and Finance, and PGDM with Super-specialization in Marketing.