Data science has already made a significant impact on the day-to-day working of businesses. It adds value to an organization by using its data to create solutions and optimize routine operations. Data scientists are indispensable for today’s organizations and as such, they draw lucrative salaries for their critical contributions to business growth.
What do You Understand by Data Science?
The field of data science is a combination of mathematics and statistics, advanced analytics, specialized programming, machine learning and Artificial Intelligence with certain subject matter expertise to unravel actionable insights concealed in the data of an organization. These insights can be used to make tactical planning and guided decisions in the interest of a company.
What is the Role of a Data Scientist?
Data scientists use various algorithms and coding principles to simplify data and provide solutions to various complex issues that a business may face. Data scientist professionals are adept in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Analytics, etc.
Job Roles of a Data Science Professional
Here are some job roles that you can expect when working as a data scientist:
- Perform detailed research on available data to draw analytical conclusions
- Collate data from various sources
- Use analytic programs, high-end machine learning, and statistical methodologies to make data more predictive
- Funnel down data to discard immaterial information
- Explore and analyze data to explore its prospects
- Develop data-driven solutions to overcome challenges
- Develop new and better algorithms that are solutions to difficult issues
- Build new tools and ways to accelerate the work process
- Make data-based predictions through inclusive reporting and visualization
How to Become a Data Scientist?
- One needs to have a Bachelor’s degree in data science, computer science, or one of the related fields. You can then go ahead and pursue a Master’s degree for good placement.
- Data scientists should have good knowledge of various programs and software, including SQL, Python, Perl, Java, C/C++, etc.
- Must also have good business judgment
- Should be an expert in Mathematics and should also have a clear understanding of algorithms
- Data scientists should also possess good leadership skills to lead their teams and their organization
Advanced Skills that Data Scientists Should Possess
- Wrangling of data
- Multivariable linear algebra and calculus
- Master-level understanding of Microsoft Excel
- Cloud computing
Where to Pursue the Course of Data Science?
If you want to build your career in Data Science, then it is crucial that you acquire your degree from a reputed institute like Praxis Business School. Ranked second in the list of Data Science programs in the country, we are also the only institute to have placed 29 batches of data science students in premium companies. We have a highly skilled and knowledgeable team of alumni that teach you. You can pursue Bachelor, Master, and Post Graduate programs with us. You can get in touch with us or visit our website to understand the enrolling process of our institute.