PGP in Cyber Security
- Program Highlights
- Faculty Profiles
- Program Objective
- Program Fee
- Admission Process
- Online Fee Payment
Schedule and Registration
Praxis has forged extensive industry partnerships with CISCO, Fortinet, ISACA (Kolkata Chapter), British Standards Institute and Infosec Foundation to make the program relevant and effective.
British Standards Institution (BSI) -Praxis and BSI have agreed to jointly run the specialized courses on cyber security. Praxis is the official delivery partner for BSI.
Cisco Systems -Praxis is the authorized training partner for CISCO Networking Academy and would train and certify in advanced network & security related courses.
Fortinet -Fortinet is the Cyber Security partner and Praxis students get the opportunity to access Fortinet’s technology in Praxis Lab.
InfoSec Foundation -Praxis’ cyber security programs are supported by Infosec Foundation in the capacity of Industry Interface Partner for campus connect activity, placement support, incubation and mentoring, cross collaboration and developing cyber security products.
ISACA-ISACA (Kolkata Chapter) is supporting Praxis Business School’s cyber security program as a knowledge partner.
This is the only program in the country that is designed to create industry-ready ‘Cyber Warriors’ by addressing the three aspects of the Cyber Security ecosystem – people, processes and technology, with special emphasis on governance and compliance. The renowned Praxis Placement Program manages the participant’s transition to a promising career in the exciting Cyber Security world.
The program is unique in several ways :
- Comprehensive curriculum with 525 hours of lectures, lab work, case studies and capstone projects, distributed over 3 trimesters
- Specialization in SOC Analysis, Digital Forensic, Security Incident Handling and Information & Cyber Audit
- Hands-on experience with a state-of-the-art cyber security lab
- Program delivery by industry leaders and senior practitioners
- Additional certification opportunity from BSI and CISCO
- Extensive Industry Partnerships – CISCO, Fortinet, Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA), British Standards Institute (BSI), Infosec Foundation
- A well-structured campus placement program for the participants to ensure final placements with renowned enterprises.
- Candidates need to apply online from Praxis website – www.praxis.ac.in
- Candidates would be invited for a personal interview (conducted online)
- Candidates found suitable would be made admission offer
Program commencing on 9th March, 2020
For personal counselling please feel free to reach out to us on +919836135777 / +916292218297 / +919163271715
Praxis Placement Program
Need for Cyber Security
The necessity to secure and safeguard valuable information poses a prime challenge across organizations as threats to information and data security is ever-persistent, increasingly sophisticated and continuously evolving. This rapidly increasing vulnerability of the digital world to various cyber-attacks has called in for the need for a well-trained army of cyber warriors who can predict, detect and mitigate the threats and comply with the regulations to ensure a cyber safe organizational environment.
Cybersecurity refers to the body of technologies, processes and practices designed to protect network, devices, programs and/or data from attack, damage or unauthorized access.
Cyber Security market and demand for trained professionals
According to PWC reports, the cybersecurity market in India is expected to grow from USD 1.97 billion in 2019 to USD 3.05 billion by 2022, at a compound annual growth rate of 15.6%, 1.5 times the global rate. However, there is a huge dearth of trained professionals to cater to this market.
The popular job portal Indeed reported a spike of 150 percent in cyber security roles between January 2017 and March 2018. As per reports of IBM, India needs a pool of 30 lacs cyber security professionals right now and according to Cyber-Security Ventures there will be 35 lacs unfilled cyber security jobs in India by 2021.
Job profiles and career in Cyber Security:
The major industry drivers in cybersecurity job market are BFSI, IT-ITES and Government. Big Audit and consulting firms in India have also been driving the demand as they have doubled the size of their cyber security teams in recent years.
The common job profiles in cybersecurity include information Security Analysts, Cyber Security Analysts, Security Consultants, Security Engineer, Information and Cyber Security Auditors, Digital Forensics Specialists, Firewall and Security Device development professionals, Intrusion Detection Specialists, Computer Security Incident Responders, Cryptologists, Vulnerability Assessors, Lead Security Architects, and Chief Information Security Officer (CISO).
Pay by Experience level for a Cyber Security Analyst
Salary per annum (INR)
On successful completon of the course, the students will learn how to;
1. Detect a cyber attack and respond during an attacked scenario
2. Identify, assess and mitigate cyber risk
3. Assess the cyber security posture of the any enterprise
4. Find technical vulnerabilities of any ICT infrastructure
5. Be a strategist in cyber security road map creation
6. Identify legal, regulatory and statutory requirements impacting cyber security
7. Build a cyber safe IT and OT (Operation Technology) environment
8. Become a digital forensics investigator
9. Conduct cyber security audit
10. Become a compliance manager
Charanpreet Singh – Co-founder & Director, Praxis Business School Foundation
B.Tech(IIT Kanpur), MBA (University of Iowa), Chevening Scholar (British Government)
Dr.Prithwis Mukerjee – Director, Praxis Business School, Praxis Business School
B.Tech(IIT Kharagpur), M.S., Ph.D. (The University of Texas at Dallas)
Dr.SubhasisDasgupta – Faculty – Machine Learning, B.Tech(NIT Surat), MBA (IBS), Research Scholar (IIM Ahmedabad), PhD (RK University)
Tathagata Datta – Director of Cyber Security, Praxis Business School, B.Sc(CU), MCA (WBUT), Executive Member IEEE ComSoc, Former CISO with India’s largest NBFC, Ex-Director National Cyber Range
A.B.Sengupta – Designated CISO for ERLDC / POSOCO, a Govt. of India Enterprise
Deb Kumar Roy – Director & Head of Application Security at a global consulting firm
Joydeep Bhattacharya –COO at TCG -Digital, B.Tech (IIT Kharagpur), PGDM (IIM Bangalore)
Koushik Nath – Security Architect, Cisco Systems
Course Title – 9 Months Full Time Post Graduate Program In Cyber Security (PGP CS)
Duration – 9 months (Full Time)
|Trimester 1 ( 175 hours )|
|Module 1||Introduction To Cyber Security|
|Module 2||Network, OS and Database Security|
|Module 3||Security Architecture and VA & PT Mechanism|
|Trimester 2 ( 175 hours )|
|Module 1||Emerging Technologies and Related Security|
|Module 2||Wireless Security|
|Module 3||Machine Learning and Deep Learning|
|Project (Shall run along-with the 3rd Trimester)|
|Option 1||Detecting ransom ware with the help of pattern/behavior analysis based on machine learning|
|Option 2||Implementation and management of honey pots to trap hackers|
|Option 3||Malware analysis and reverse engineering using memory forensics (Live assessment of WANNA CRY and MIRAI Botnet)|
|Option 4||Media forensic, steganography and image forensic hands on|
|Option 1||SOC Analysis|
|Option 2||Digital Forensics|
|Option 3||Information and Cyber security Audit|
|Option 4||Security Incident Handling|
Area Of Concentration
All figures in Indian National Rupees
|Particulars||Academic Fee||GST||Refundable Deposit||Installment|
*Academic Fee includes Tuition, , Library and Academic activity fee.
Refunds: After admission the entire amount paid by the student shall stand forfeited except the refundable deposit mentioned above. This applies to dismissals as well as withdrawals, voluntary or otherwise, from the institute’s rolls.
Laptop: Each student must have a wi-fi enabled personal laptop before the start of classes. For the program, the laptop has to be a 64 bit machine and should be equipped with minimum of 6 GB RAM.
Educational Loans: Praxis has tied up with Credila and Avanse Financial Services for student loans, details of which would be furnished on selection.
Disputes: Any disputes are subject to the jurisdiction of Kolkata courts only.
- Graduates in any discipline who have completed a three years Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognized university or deemed university with a minimum of 50% are eligible to apply
- Engineering graduates who have completed their B.E / B.Tech in any stream from a recognized university or deemed university or equivalent with a minimum 6.5 CGPA
- Post-Graduates in any discipline from a recognized university or deemed university with a minimum of 45% are eligible to apply.
- Those completing their final year examination may also apply for the corresponding intake*
- Working professionals who are willing to upskill / reskill themselves to make a career in cybersecurity
Intake capacity : 30 students
The 9 months Full Time Post Graduate Program In Cyber Security (PGP CS) is delivered from the State of the Art dedicated Facility at Salt Lake Sector 5 in Kolkata with integrated high speed internet enabled advanced cyber security lab and fully equipped digital classrooms
Online Fee Payment
Online Fee Payment
- For transferring the fee online towards the course fee, the following payment gateway charges would need to be borne by the student:
Details Charges Credit Cards Transactions 1.1*% + Taxes as applicable Net Banking Transactions Rs 20*/- + Taxes as applicable Debit Cards Transaction (above Rs. 2000/-) 1.0* % + Taxes as applicable International Cards 2.65* % + Taxes as applicable Amex 1.40* % + Taxes as applicable Wallets (Money on Mobile/ MobiKwik / Oxigen / Pay u Money /Citrus Money) 1.95* % + Taxes as applicable Cash Collection Centre 2.00* % + Taxes as applicable UPI Rs18
- You would be re-diverted to a payment gateway by Schoolpay
- The payment is collected in to the bank account with the name ‘Aim Education Private Limited’