PGP in Cyber Security
- Program Highlights
- Program Features
- Program Objective
- Program Offered
- Program Fee
- Admission Process
- Online Fee Payment
Schedule and Registration
British Standards Institution, also known as BSI is the national standards body of the United Kingdom. BSI has been a global leader in conducting audit and imparting process training across all industries. Praxis Business School (PBS) has tied up with BSI in 2019 to jointly run the courses on cyber security. PBS and BSI have agreed to jointly run the specialized courses on Implementation of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR of EU), PCI-DSS implementation, Certified Lead Implementer of ISO 27001:2013 (ISMS CLIP), and other cyber security related courses.
Cisco Systems, Inc. has a certification and training wing under the banner as CISCO Networking Academy which provides Global certification on various networking services and products. Praxis Business School (PBS) has tied up with CISCO Networking Academy as the authorized training partner to train and certify students the advanced network architecture and security related courses of CISCO.
InfoSec Foundation is a non-profit organization, dedicated in creating cyber security awareness for public at large, exchange ideas among different stake holders like Govt., Banks, Police, Corporate, etc. InfoSec Foundation’s venture of building secure cyber eco system is supported by State Governments, Law Enforcement Authorities, NTRO, DRDO, CERT IN, NCIIPC, IDRBT, Nasscom, DSCI and IEEE Comsoc.Praxis Business School’s cyber security programs are supported by Infosec Foundation in the capacity as Industry Interface Partner for campus connect activity, placement support, etc.
Fortinet is an American MNC that develops and markets cyber security software, appliances and services. Praxis has tied up with Fortinet as the cyber security partner.
This is the only program in the country that is designed to create industry-ready ‘Cyber Warriors’ by addressing the three aspects of the Cyber Security ecosystem – people, processes and technology, with special emphasis on governance and compliance. The renowned Praxis Placement Program manages the participant’s transition to a promising career in the exciting Cyber Security world.
The program is unique in several ways :
- Comprehensive curriculum with 525 hours of lectures, lab work, case studies and capstone projects, distributed over 3 trimesters
- Specialization in SOC Analysis, Digital Forensic, Security Incident Handling and Information & Cyber Audit
- Hands-on experience with a state-of-the-art cyber security lab
- Program delivery by industry leaders and senior practitioners
- Additional certification opportunity from BSI and CISCO
- Extensive Industry Partnerships – CISCO, Fortinet, Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA), British Standards Institute (BSI), Infosec Foundation
- A well-structured campus placement program for the participants to ensure final placements with renowned enterprises.
- Candidates need to apply online from Praxis website – www.praxis.ac.in
- Candidates would be invited for a personal interview (conducted online)
- Candidates found suitable would be made admission offer
Course Commencement – February 2020
For personal counselling please feel free to reach out to us on +919836135777 / +916292218297 / +919163271715
Praxis Placement Program
What is Cyber Security?
Cyber security can be defined as the process or technology or practice by which the unauthorized access, damage or attack can be prevented to data, hardware, network or devices.
This field is growing in importance due to sheer dependability on Internet, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, other wireless technologies and due to the growth of smart devises like Smartphone etc.
Cyber Security Reality Today
As per (ISC)2’s Cyber security Workforce study 2018 there are 2.93M shortage of manpower Globally with Asia Pacific region having the maximum contribution to it of 2.14M. Projected by 2020 there will be $150 Million Average cost to Data Breach. CNBC on 6th March 2019 has reported that A serious shortage of cybersecurity experts could cost companies hundreds of millions of dollars
- Legacy approach has failed; intrusion is inevitable
- Threats are sophisticated and ever-changing
- Insider threat is massively underestimated
- Self-learning, immune system approach is critical
- Real-time detection of anomalous, previously unseen threat behavior is imperative
- State sponsored attacks are increasing exponentially
- National Critical Infrastructures are under massive threat
- Shortage of trained man power to build cyber resilience across country
On successful completon of the course, the students will learn how to;
1. Detect a cyber attack and respond during an attacked scenario
2. Identify, assess and mitigate cyber risk
3. Assess the cyber security posture of the any enterprise
4. Find technical vulnerabilities of any ICT infrastructure
5. Be a strategist in cyber security road map creation
6. Identify legal, regulatory and statutory requirements impacting cyber security
7. Build a cyber safe IT and OT (Operation Technology) environment
8. Become a digital forensics investigator
9. Conduct cyber security audit
10. Become a compliance manager
9 Months Full Time Post Graduate Program In Cyber Security (PGP CS)
Course Durartion: 525 Hours (It does not include self study, group discussion, R&D, practice, seminar/workshop, etc.)
Mode of Delivery: Through – class room sessions, practical lab, case studies, use case based assessments, projects
1. Classes will be taken by industry leaders
2. Association with Different Cyber Security Forums as Industry Interface
3. Exposure to real life projects
4. Placement Assistance
Course Title – 9 Months Full Time Post Graduate Program In Cyber Security (PGP CS)
Duration – 9 months (Full Time)
|Trimester 1 ( 175 hours )|
|Module 1||Introduction To Cyber Security|
|Module 2||Network, OS and Database Security|
|Module 3||Security Architecture and VA & PT Mechanism|
|Trimester 2 ( 175 hours )|
|Module 1||Emerging Technologies and Related Security|
|Module 2||Wireless Security|
|Module 3||Machine Learning and Deep Learning|
|Project (Shall run along-with the 3rd Trimester)|
|Option 1||Detecting ransom ware with the help of pattern/behavior analysis based on machine learning|
|Option 2||Implementation and management of honey pots to trap hackers|
|Option 3||Malware analysis and reverse engineering using memory forensics (Live assessment of WANNA CRY and MIRAI Botnet)|
|Option 4||Media forensic, steganography and image forensic hands on|
|Option 1||SOC Analysts|
|Option 2||Digital Forensic|
|Option 3||Information and Cyber security Audit|
|Option 4||Security Incident Handling|
Area Of Concentration
All figures in Indian National Rupees
|Particulars||Academic Fee||GST||Refundable Deposit||Installment|
*Academic Fee includes Tuition, , Library and Academic activity fee.
Refunds: After admission the entire amount paid by the student shall stand forfeited except the refundable deposit mentioned above. This applies to dismissals as well as withdrawals, voluntary or otherwise, from the institute’s rolls.
Laptop: Each student must have a wi-fi enabled personal laptop before the start of classes. For the program, the laptop has to be a 64 bit machine and should be equipped with minimum of 6 GB RAM.
Educational Loans: Praxis has tied up with Credila and Avanse Financial Services for student loans, details of which would be furnished on selection.
Disputes: Any disputes are subject to the jurisdiction of Kolkata courts only.
Eligibility for the PGP in Cyber Security
- Graduates who have completed three years of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in any discipline recognized by a university or deemed university are eligible to apply.
- Post-Graduates who have completed two years of Masters degree or equivalent in any discipline recognized by a university or deemed university are eligible to apply.
- Those completing their final examination may also apply.
The 9 months Full Time Post Graduate Program In Cyber Security (PGP CS) is offered from the Sector-V Campus of Praxis Business School.
The Cyber Security campus houses the high speed internet enabled state-of-the-art advanced cyber security lab, and fully equipped digital classroom.
Online Fee Payment
Online Fee Payment
- For transferring the fee online towards the course fee, the following payment gateway charges would need to be borne by the student:
Details Charges Credit Cards Transactions 1.1*% + Taxes as applicable Net Banking Transactions Rs 20*/- + Taxes as applicable Debit Cards Transaction (above Rs. 2000/-) 1.0* % + Taxes as applicable International Cards 2.65* % + Taxes as applicable Amex 1.40* % + Taxes as applicable Wallets (Money on Mobile/ MobiKwik / Oxigen / Pay u Money /Citrus Money) 1.95* % + Taxes as applicable Cash Collection Centre 2.00* % + Taxes as applicable UPI Rs18
- You would be re-diverted to a payment gateway by Schoolpay
- The payment is collected in to the bank account with the name ‘Aim Education Private Limited’