Praxis Business School is proud to announce that it has been chosen as the Academic Partner by the Government of Andhra Pradesh to deliver the one-year full-time post graduate program in Business Analytics at the International Institute of Digital Technologies (IIDT) on Sri Venkateswara University campus, Tirupati. The Andhra Pradesh Government has identified the IIDT to set up a ‘digital & innovation centre for next gen technologies’. Professors Charanpreet Singh and Prithwis Mukerjee of Praxis signed a Memorandum of Understanding and a contract with The Andhra Pradesh Electronics and Information Technology Agency (APEITA). Classes are scheduled to begin in January 2017.
This is a proud moment for Praxis and a milestone in its journey as an educational institution as this association is an endorsement, at the highest level, of the expertise and experience Praxis brings with it in the field of Analytics and recognition of the quality of its programs and faculty.
According to the MOU:
The Government of Andhra Pradesh wishes to establish a number of courses in the technology domain at the IIDT as an initial step aimed towards strengthening the young work force in advanced technology areas. One such course is data analytics.
In order to launch a high quality program, IIDT has decided to outsource the pedagogy to an expert partner – Praxis Business School. This pedagogy partner will design the curriculum, identify textbooks and other learning material, provide teachers, conduct examinations, grade papers, publish results and collaborate with IIDT for placements.
Praxis Business School has a long history of teaching data analytics, both in a standalone 1 year program and also as a concentration area in the 2nd year of its PGDBM program.
A) Praxis Business School will mentor, guide and partner IIDT in
- creating and delivering masters education programs to students
- creating and delivering short-term certificate and diploma training programs to corporate employees and government officers
- creating and delivering online/ virtual training programs
- Praxis Business School & IIDT will offer joint certificates, diploma and degree to graduating students
B) Praxis will also
- establish and promote faculty, student exchanges, as relevant
- arrange joint delegations and visits, as relevant
- collaborate on joint research projects in the area of data analytics
- explore and establish a forum to spread awareness on cyber security to the citizens of our nation
- demonstrate thought leadership through publishing white papers, conducting orientation seminars, conducting international & national workshops, etc.
The picture shows Prof Mukerjee signing the MOU as Prof Singh looks on.